Question
Posted by: Mava | 2011/04/07

erection problems

Hi Doc<br><br>I have a very serious problem, of late have lost interset in sex, my penis gets erected but once i penetrate it goes off. The erection is no lon strong like before. I also had a problem last night had a problem, had sex with my wife for about 15 minutes without me releasing any sperm nor having ejaculation<br><br>i am very worried please help

I am a little confused - it sounds like you are a having problems maintaining an erection, but then you are also saying that you were able to 'have sex' with your wife for 15 minutes (I'm not sure if you mean penetrative intercourse for 15 minutes - ie. erection was hard for this length of time), but then another problem emerged which was your inability to experience orgasm.

It is important whenever there are recurrent problems with erection to have a physical check up to make sure that it is not an early warning sign of a serious health problem. Sometimes, such problems may be caused by something we refer to as 'spectatoring', which is where the person is so busy 'watching' their sexual response (i.e. checking how hard the erection is, hoping it won't go away, etc) that they are no longer really feeling the sensation of sexual stimulation. Difficulties with erection and ejaculation may also be caused by alcohol, drugs, and prescription/over the counter medicines...so if you have been ingesting any of these, they may be part of the issue.

I would recommend that you have a physical check up to make sure that you are healthy first, then try to identify which is the primary problem, and which problems are are result of the first (e.g. erection problems resulting in loss of desire because you feel bad, or erection difficulty due to loss of desire).

Claire - SASHA

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/04/10

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist