Question
Posted by: Emma | 2009-07-29

Erection problem

I am married for 13 years now. A few years ago my husband start taking BP medicine. Since then well... I have been avoiding making love to him to spare his the embarrassing of not being able to keep his erection. The other problem is that once he gets an erection and he penetrates me, his penis goes soft. Is there something wrong with me. I have 2 children and the youngest is almost 5. Both were natural births. Is that maybe the problem that my vagina opening is to big due to the child births?

There are many types of medication used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Some medications can have a negative effect on erections. There are, however, some that do not have this side effect. It is not a problem with you. Encourage your husband to discuss this problem with his doctor and review his prescription. There are many treatments today that can help not only the blood pressure, but also quality of erections. Visit the SA Sexual Health Association website for more information www.sexualhealth.co.za