Question
Posted by: Joe | 2009-03-02

Erection issue

Hello Doc

I am 40yrs old 84kg go to gym everyday and have been for last year as i needed to go as had put on weight and bp was up.For the bp i take 25mg a day of Losartin.

My problem which i never previously had is say i have sex 3 times a week one of the times my erection is not rock hard which is getting to me, my wife even says i dont feel hard on occasions.Sometimes i take maximor which really does the job but do not want to take pills to just make sure i am very hard.

Is it the losartin??? If my wife masturbates me i am always rock hard so why with sex do i sometimes feel soft we both climax but i hate not feeling properly hard.Some advise would help

Joe

Dear Joe
If you can get a proper erection with masturbation/early morning erection it is unlikely that it is a physical problem. Blood pressure and blood pressure tablets can cause problems with erections, but then this would be all the time. Sometimes "performance anxiety" can cause problems with proper erections - if need be stimulate by hand until the erection is satisfactory before penetrating.