Posted by: kari | 2009-02-04

hello-hope you well! i am writing on behalf of my husband-recently things have not gone well for us-whenever we try to have sex its either him or me with a problem - i have pain when he enters me at times or else he just goes flat-dead not even stimulation gets it any where! he is taking Sandoz-Gliclazid for his diabetes and i am on Yasmin-we had a little fall out end of last year where by he was under the impression that i was not faithful to him - but he says he is over it and i dont think he trusts me even though i was never up to anything! please would you advice us on the next step as now its putting pressure on the both of us! do you think we need medical treatment or couselling??
thank you in advance!

Dear Kari
Painful sex is not normal - you may have an infection of the uterus, or a retroverted uterus or an ovarian cyst, and I think you should go for an examination by a gynecologist or your GP to determine and treat the cause of the pain. If your husband gets early morning erections, his lack of performance may be due to psychological factors ( stress, marital discord ) more than physical factors. But if he doesn't get morning erections, his diabetes may have affected his erections and he may need to see an urologist as he may need treatment for erectile dysfunction. It may also help to see a marriage counsellor to sort out the friction between the two of you. Trust is very important in a relationship, and he may feel insecure.