Question
Posted by: Mrs Meyer | 2009-09-04

Erectile dysfunction

I would like to get an expert opinion about the fact that my husband has a problem with partial erectile dysfunction. I have read a lot about it, but still dont know how to address the problem. He is 57, we are married 30 years, and have always had a healthy sex life. Because of work stress, etc, I suppose, he gradually had weaker erections since about 15 years ago. Also as soon as he ejaculates, everythings gone instantly. Still, because we thought witn practise it will again get better, we kept at is, but it is still the same. He has always been very healthy, goes for regular checkups, is not overweight, exercises regularly, has no diabetes, blood pressure problems nothing, and has changed jobs about a year ago, and is happy and more relaxed with the new job. It is a bit frustrating to me, because it is usually a hurried affair, cause he is a bit scared that if he doesnt do the job and be done with it, he will lose his erection. Also his libido is a bit low. Seeing that I know this is a touchy subject to men, I would like to find out if there are any medication that is actually worth something, other than viaggra etc that is not always good for you, which we can maybe try just to get a little boost, to steer things in the right direction again?

As we age our bodies do to and the implication is that often in the case of men and erection concerns also starts stepping in. We tend to have more and more problems getting and maintaining erections. Furthermore it sis also the case that the more pressure we place on the penis to perform – the less likely it is to perform. There is thus a combination of medication for the physiology and emotional understanding and comfort for the psychological side at play here. There are other medications on the market that is worth exploring and one could also explore the possibility of testosterone supplementation. Maybe if the two of you also start spending more focus and time on enjoying the journey and be less concerned with the outcome it might be helpful. There is help and explanations and often if we just have a clearer understanding and get the necessary support we can bring positive relieve.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a medical dr/therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

2
Posted by: freind | 2009-09-08

there is a injection called norbido. very expensive but good.let us know

Reply to freind
Posted by: Babe | 2009-09-04

I believe in testosterone implants for older men. Its a fact of biology that our hormones get less as we age because its not needed for reproduction anymore. But nowadays we dont have to fade away with age because we have technology. If there really is no arterial disease this natural decline in testosterone could be the reason. And its so easy to treat.

Reply to Babe