Question
Posted by: NoName | 2011/04/28

Erectile Disfuntion or not?

Hi There

My husband is 38 years old. We''ve only been married for 7 months. We did not have sex with each other before we got married - we were both celibate for about a year before we got married but we have had previous sexual partners and never has the following problem occurred with him.

I would like to know if it is normal for him to start having erections problems at this age. I used to be a lesbian, so I don''t know much about men with regard to this.

The thing is, each time we make love - he has problems keeping it up... he''s ok with quick sex... but most mornings he also has problems keeping it up, even if it''s quick sex.

It''s like he gets hard and then he goes soft and then if I take the time to get him hard again he might or might not get hard and might then orgasm if he can stay hard for long enough.

What could the problems be? He says it''s not me and I do believe him but why does this happen when we take our time or in the mornings mainly?

Oh and this problem started already when we were married for about 2 months and is getting worse.

Please will you help us?

Dear NoName
Problems with early morning erections usually indicate an underlying physical problem like hypertension or diabetes and I suggest that he goes for a full medical check-up. The doctor may need to do some blood tests and may want to refer him to an urologist for a sonar or other tests.

2
Posted by: NoName | 2011/04/28

Further to my question above: He doesn''t take any medication and doesn''t drink at all. He does smoke however... he is also under quite a bit of stress because he doesn''t work. He also had an operation 13 years ago for a broken leg (it was major surgery, he wasn''t suppose to walk again). He is also loosing a lot of weight but this may be because of the stress and because he quit drinking a few years ago... Ok - I hope this helps to better assess the situation. Thanks Doc.

Reply to NoName
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/28

Dear NoName