Question
Posted by: Delia | 2009-03-10

Epstein Barr Virus

I' ve been diagnosed with the Epstein Barr Virus. I just want to
know if the virus can cause some memory loss like forgetting
everyday tasks or small details? Because I have experienced some memory loss and aren' t sure if it could be the virus or
something else.

Thank You

Delia

I am unaware of the fact that Epstein Barr Virus can cause forgetfulness but the effects on the body, like tiredness, malaise etc, can have this effect.

2
Posted by: Marilyn Wahl | 2009-05-11

granddaughter 17months diagnosed with Barr-virus what are the side effects and treatment please

Reply to Marilyn Wahl
Posted by: Irienie | 2009-03-27

I had the virus a few years ago and it did affect my short term memory dramatically. Every day tasks that I preformed earlier was a major issue to do after I got the virus, for eg. I could not do calculations for month end reports as I could not remember how to do them. People informing me of their where abouts I forgot and had to make notes to remind me. It became better after a few months but I had relapses every now and then.

Reply to Irienie