Posted by: safs | 2008-11-06

Eppillim - weight gain

I have just started on Eppillim. The weight gain is it due to the tablet itself or the increased appetite? Can I stay the same weight if i eat correctly. Please advise

Dear Safs
I have checked my copy of MIMS and see that increased appetite is listed as a side-effect for Epilim, but not weight gain. If you, therefore, take steps to control your appetite (for example having 6 small low-fat meals a day) and do some aerobic exercise every day then taking Epilim should not cause weight gain. You can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), but split the meals into 2 (for example high-bran cereal and fat-free yoghurt as breakfast and a fruit and Provitas for the morning break, etc). Exercises that increase your energy output include running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life. Chat to your dr about the type of exercise that you can use.