Question
Posted by: Judy | 2010/10/13

Epleptin for RLS

MY doctor has prescribed Epleptin for RLS and aching pain in my legs at night. Cannot sleep properly. I am not allergic to anything and am NOT epileptic. Is it safe to use? I am on HRT.

Hallo Judy
Yes, it is safe to use. Anti-epileptic and anti-depressant medication is often used for nerve pain and restless legs syndrome as it modifies the way the brain perceives pain and nerve irritation. These medications may have some side effects, so read the package insert so that you know what to look out for. Just remember that one will never get ALL the side effects listed in the package insert - these are all the possible effects they picked up while doing clinical trials on the medication.

3
Posted by: Muo | 2014/10/16

l have restless legs during the day.however l dont feet it at nyt.my doctor prescribed lyrica drug and epleptin drug at the same timeis it not gonna be an over dose?

Reply to Muo
Posted by: Adriaan | 2013/07/30

Hi - I am diagnosed with Neurogenic Claudication - my leg muscles ache terribly. I also have numbness, burning, pins and needles, weakness and general heaviness in my legs. I am told I need a major back op, which I don't want to do, especially at my age of 71. My question is will ELEPTIN 400 HELP FOR THE PAIN AND CAN ONE TAKE CONTINUOUSLY IF NEEDED??

Reply to Adriaan
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/13

Hallo Judy