Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2009/04/07

Epitec, Cipralex and Rivotril

I take Epitec and Cipralex for depression and bi-polar and was prescribed Pexola for my chronic restless limbs which severly affect my sleep. Pexola had no effect and my medication was changed to Rivotril. My neurologist insists that the combination of these three tablets will not have any negative effects and that as the quality of my sleep should improve, the affects of the anti-depressants will be heightened. However since taking Rivotril I am feeling very ' out of sorts'  and am aware that my feelings of depression are returning. I have also gained considerable weight since taking adding Rivotril however my doc still insists that the combination of the three could not in any way negatively affect me. Do you agree with his reassureances?

Rivotril could be sedating and make you drowsy. I wouldn't expect it to cause serious problems in the combination you describe, but I couldn't say that this or any other combination couldn't possibly cause side-effects or related problems --- ANY combination or even single meds, could do that

2
Posted by: Shahid | 2015/02/07

From three months my mind is losing control on body I am felt sweating, palpitation and so many thoughts in my mind. Finally I visited Nero Psychiatrist he told me that I am with Panic attacks, depression and anxiety. He suggested me Cipralex 20mg daily and Rivotril 0.5mg at bed time. Initially two weeks I felt better and after two weeks when I took half dose of Rivotril I felt same symptoms of disease than I took again full 0.5 mg Rivotril tablet now after three days I am again feeling better. My Question is that should I take these combination of both pills or withdraw from Rivotril.

Reply to Shahid
Posted by: Shahid | 2015/02/07

Reply to Shahid