Question
Posted by: Jill Stanley | 2011-04-09

Episodes of continuous blinking eyes in toddler

My grandson James has started having episodes where he blinks continuously on and off for sometimes a full day. It can then disappear and start up again. We have not drawn any attention to this and notice that his sight appears perfectly normal and his eyes are neither itchy, sore or red. I have heard that this is a fairly common situation with young children and nothing serious.
Please could you advise.

The only way to exclude pathology is to consult a neurologist. There are special tests to exclude a mild form of epilepsy.