Question
Posted by: Carla | 2012/04/12

Epileptic Husky

My husky is epileptic and her when she had seizures they were very severe. She is currently on chronic Sedabarb. Three tablets a day seem to work well for her. Will this medication be harmful for her in the long run?? I would hate to curb the seizure but do other severe harm to her in the end

Dear Carla

Sorry to hear that you beloved pet is epileptic.

Hepatic toxicity although rare can occur with high doses of phenobarbital. It is important that you have your dogs liver function and phenobarb plasma levels accessed once or twice a year to ensure that there are no problems.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Zeynep | 2012/05/16

First, it is not always more epnxesive individually than through an employer. In some places, for some individuals, the opposite is true.Second, most individuals who do not use health insurance very much do not buy individual health insurance policies  most of the buyers use it a lot, so it is epnxesive. With an employer plan, many of the employees do not use it, so the average price, per person who has it (whether or not they use it) is less.Third, many employers subsidize the cost, so the employee does not pay all of it, and the employer pays a lot.

Reply to Zeynep
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/04/24

Dear Carla

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Reply to CyberVet