Question
Posted by: Dev | 2010/04/14

Epilepsy in dogs

My dog suffers from epilepsy, he is 6 years old good health eats good food(dog food I mean)really loved dog, what is the best way we can treat it.He has been having attacks for 2 years now.Any info would be appreciated .
Dev

Dear Dev

Phenobarbitone is the drug of choice. Usually givin twice daily for life. You need to go and see a vet for these.

3
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/17

Dear Dev

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/04/14

Very treatable, once you find the correct dosage of the meds needed. Your vet will know.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Michelle | 2010/04/14

Hi Dev,

My mom has a dog with epilepsy. Ask your vet for the right medication for epilepsy in dogs - there are 2 options - in liquid form or a pill every day. Since the dog has been on medication, the attacks are fewer and less frequent. Your vet will be able to supply you with the exact names for the liquid and pills.

Reply to Michelle