Question
Posted by: Sanette | 2012-07-16

Epilepsy

Good day,

At the age of 3 years, my daughter fell out of a shopping trolly, on to the back of her head. I leaft the trolly in the shop and rushed her to the ER at the hospital.

2 years later she collapsed at school and they told me she has Epilepsy. The test results shows that it is the frontal right part of the brain that has the abnormality.

Can the two be linked?

Sanette

If she developed focal localised epilepsy of a limb or epilepsy of one side of the body, it is possible that previous trauma caused her epilepsy. I do however, think that the CT scan and EEG will show if the epilepsy is due to localised damage. A generalised epilepsy, where the whole body is involved, will not necessarily be caused by trauma.

1
Posted by: Sanette | 2012-07-20

Thank you for your responce. Belief it or not, she goes every year for the CT scan and had 2 MRI''s and they both come back " normal" . the only thing that is abnormal is the epilem count in the blood and the fact that her body does not absorb iron. The fits are mostly petil mal and the twitch of the eyes, and corner of her mouth. After 7 years I still ask questions, I would love to know what happend in that little brain that changed our lives.

Reply to Sanette