Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2009/07/09

Epilepsy

My daughter has been diagnosed with benign focal epilepsy.
She needs to take degranol dailly..I' m concerned about the side effects of this drug and how it will affect her dailly routine.
She is only 7 years. Will she outgrow it?
Thank you.
Stressed.

Dear Anonymous
It depends on what caused the epilepsy if she will "outgrow" it - and this is also not always very predictable. One should weigh up the side effects of the drug versus the damage the epileptic attacks cause. Degranol is very effective and fairly safe and has been used for years with great success in children. I think you should give her a folic acid supplement while on the medication.