Posted by: Seizures | 2009-04-07

After back Spinal infiltration &  manipulation, done to deep, bone marrow leaked. I landed in hospital with fits. Since then taking epilum as the epinutin levels are very low 170. Happened last year and levels do not pick up, why, what can I do to lift the epinutin levels in my brain.

Dear Seizures
Sometimes one kind of antiepileptic medication is not enough to manage seizures and a second drug needs to be added. If you are taking the Epanutin correctly, the levels should be normal (39-79 mikromol per litre) Taking higher doses will cause toxicity and reduce effectiveness.

Posted by: Seizures | 2009-04-08

Dr Bets, Althoug the epanutin levels stay low, I haven' t had any fits since being in hospital. I am regulary taking 1000 mg epilum, 500 in the morning and 500 at night. I own my own business and cannot afford to be sick or suffer memory loss. I find that I am constantly battling to find the correct words. (to recall memory) I am not supposed to drive my car, but have to as my business involve travelling. How do I handle this. I am not overweight and have no other illness that I am aware of.

Reply to Seizures