Posted by: Chazi | 2009-02-23

I have a Male Dog, ±  2 years, mix small breed.
He has been suffering from seizures for almost 1 year now.
It started as 1 fit, now if he starts he doesn' t stop until we intervene! I have done all the tests we possibly can, expect for an actual brain scan, and they have picked up nothing! He is on a very high dosage of medication, but he is still suffering from seizures! Can this mean that it is a tumor????

Dear Chazi

Can be a tumour but unlikley. Make sure he is on phenobarbitone as a treatment and have these levels tested as some dogs do not absorb the drug very well and the level in the blood are to low to help with epilepsy.

Posted by: Chazi | 2009-02-25

We have him on 4 a day now, and Potasium Bromide 1ml a day?
I' m just scared i' m overdosing the little guy now????

Reply to Chazi