Question
Posted by: Doddels | 2008-11-24

Epilepsy

My 15 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with epilepsy after an EEG was done. She' s currently on full dosage Eppilum for her weight. After two months she still suffers from seizures. About one every 4 to 5 days. The thing that puzzles me is that she only gets seizures in the mornings. Usually within the first hour after gettig up. Never has she had a seizure at any other time during the day. Why is she having seizures only in the mornings? Could this be related to low bloodsugar and/or low bloodpressure?

Dear Doddels
Bloodsugar has an effect on epilepsy - try giving her a late night low GI snack with a small portion of proteien before she goes to bed but also discuss with her doctor, her medicine dose may be just too low to take her through the night and they may need to add something at night.