Question
Posted by: cydny | 2010-05-27

epilepsie en depressie

Ek is bekommerd oor my vriendin. Sy het epilepsie, maar is deur egskeiding en haar pa is oorlede. Sy is ongelooflik depressief en ek is bang sy gaan iets aanvang wat sy nie moet. Sy is nie meer lus vir lewe. Is daar nie epilepsy support forums in Bloem nie. Sy sien ''n sielkundige maar lyk my dit help nie. Sy is regtig baie down.

She should see a good local psychiatrist ( who has medical an psych training ) for a proper assessment, as it requires specialist knowledge to choose the right drugs to treat depression in someone with epilepsy, as some psych drugs can make epilepsy worse. A psychologist would now know about the choice of drugs and couldbn't prescribe them. If she is seeing a psychiatrist, she urgently needs to discuss how miserable she is feeling.
SADAG ( number on this page ) may know of Depression support groups in Bloem ; I don't know about epilepsy support groups

2
Posted by: anonymous | 2010-05-27

Try epilepsy.org.za - they might be able to advise on support groups.

Reply to anonymous