Question
Posted by: Ayesha | 2009/10/14

Epidural

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and considering taking an epidural as a pain relief option. I will be having a normal birth. I would like to know if there is any link to back pain and the epidural after labour. People tell me that the epidural causes recurrent backpain after birth. Is there any truth in this.

There is an association between epidural and back pain afterwards. This is though to be from assuming unusual postures because you are unable to feel things, thereby straining your back. As long as this is watched out for, you should be okay.

1