Question
Posted by: Alet | 2009/08/18

Enzymes

I would just like to know which types of food can one eat to help with the following enzymes: Urokinase &  streptokinase?

Dear Alet
I am not sure what you are asking? Urokinase and Streptokinase are drugs that are usually prescribed to prevent clotting and/or to dissolve blood clots. You don't mention why these drugs have been prescribed? If you suffer from deep vein thrombosis or heart problems then it is essential that you consult a clinical dietitian to help you with a diet to counteract atherosclerosis. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will have to work out a diet for you that takes your specific problem and medications into account. For example, if you suffer from heart disease then you would require a low-fat, high-fibre diet that contains plenty of fresh, green vegetables to increase your intake of vitamin K2.
I hope this helps.

2
Posted by: Alet | 2009/08/27

In avoiding using the above drugs urokinase and streptokinase what types of food can one eat that would help in the prevention of blood clots. For eaxample if you'  ve got a heart problem there is certain types of food to eat to keep you healthy and your risk low. That'  s why I want to know if there is certain types of food that one can eat to help with blood clots.

Reply to Alet
Posted by: Alet | 2009/08/21

In avoiding using the above drugs urokinase and streptokinase what types of food can one eat that would help in the prevention of blood clots. For eaxample if you' ve got a heart problem there is certain types of food to eat to keep you healthy and your risk low. That' s why I want to know if there is certain types of food that one can eat to help with blood clots.

Reply to Alet