Posted by: blossom | 2008-11-02

environ rad

is it in order to use environ RAD anti oxidant sun screen cream as a moisturiser? Would it also be ok to mix my retin a crem with the environ cream at hight? many thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Blossom, thank you for the question.

My advice would be to use a moisturizer with the SPF and not to rely solely on the RAD sunscreen as your moisturizer. You can use Retin A with the Environ night cream as long as the moisturizer does not contain vitamin A or its derivatives as this may increase skin sensitivity and local reactions.

Posted by: C | 2008-11-25

Though the Environ Rad Sunscreen seems pretty decent, it does not contain stable UVA filters. For UVA protection, it uses Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) which needs to be stabilized by either Octocrylene, Tinosorb S, or Oxybenzone. The Rad also contains Titanium Dioxide for UVA protection which, though excellent, degrades Avobenzone even further. The point is that you' re short-changing yourself on UVA protection which is the ray primarily responsible for agegin!

Reply to C