Question
Posted by: two-stone | 2010/09/17

Entry 1029 - jst want to die to get peace

Good morning - you were quite abusive in your replies to Woman and me - could it be because, somewhere inside you, you knew we were right? I was amazed that you were so hard on us, and we are really trying to help you to find a better way to spend your life. ( By the way, I lost EVERYTHING I owned 3 years ago - house, cars, furniture etc and my children fed, clothed and bought us electricity etc - so I have been through VERY dark days too). Good luck!

I gather this is a response to someone else who responded unpleasantly to these messages ?
As it is in the nature of this site to allow people to post anonymously ( and there an e-mail address is given, voluntarily, it could be a completely fictiitious one ). So I don't have a way to follow-up a particular individual.
I do hope that people like the person you are referring to, would have the kindness to respond later and let us all know how they are. But often this doesn't happen. And it's not necessarily a bad sign, in that many people who are helped, satisfied and even happy, toddle off and carry on with their lives, not thinking of returning to re-assure those who they had earlier involved.
And if it was the person who wrote about feeling suicidal who responded unpleasantly to some of those who tried to help - well, folks, welcome to the club ! Over the years I have noticed that it is often the people you have worked really hard to help who leave without a word of thanks or with a word of abuse, and sadly the opposite - the people who you dearly want to help but for some reason are unhelpable, who are often touchingly grateful to you for at least trying.

5

Posted by: Woman | 2010/09/17

Two-Stone, Thank you for the compliment. I really do appreciate it. My opinions p*ss many people off, but hey, that''s just what they are right? I feel that if I can help one person somewhere, somehow, I have paid a great kindness forward :D

Mpho, you gave some great advice! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Reply to Woman
Posted by: two-stone | 2010/09/17

Sorry Mpho!! Your contribution was spot-on. Woman gave really good, but very direct, advice and for some reason the person requiring help seemed to think I/we sit in ivory towers and throw stones. I REALLY hope she is till with us. Woman, please never go off this site, or the Sexologist one (see, I am a fan and follow you around!) as you are the one I will come to if I need help/advice. Have an awesome weekend!. Mpho, thanks for the input - have a great weekend too! Doc, do you have a contact address for our friend? Please, if you do, can you let us know if she is ok? Contrary to what she might believe - we do care.

Reply to two-stone
Posted by: mpho | 2010/09/17

and why are you excluding me?

Reply to mpho
Posted by: Woman | 2010/09/17

Two-Stone, when people are that down, they don''t realise that there are millions of people who work through the same things or worse things or different things than they. They are so locked in that deep, dark lonely place that they are not able to see that there is still light and that life can be better. Her anger is a good thing, it shows that she is capable of using that anger to get to a better place. It shows she still has that spark.

I am sure she doesn''t want to die, I am sure that she actually really wants help. People who kill themselves, are not capable of feeling anything anymore. Maybe (I like to think so anyway) our approach got her thinking and maybe, just maybe she is strong enough now, through her anger, to make the change she so desperately seeks.

Have a lovely day and an even better weekend!

Reply to Woman