Question
Posted by: Chrissie | 2010/07/06

Entire skeleton sore to touch

Dear doc

I am 43 years old and a female. I am generally healthy, but has an underactive thyroid and gets treated for it. I often get costochondritis. At this very moment my chest and collar bones are very sore and sensitive to touch. My left shoulder-bones as well as the bones in my left arm is also very sore to press on and sometimes ache. I also experience a lot of pain and sore in my facial-bones (if I press on it). What can I take for this and what is wrong with me?
Thanks Doc

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

If you have a genuine thyroid problem (did you have a blood test to confirm it?) and you have pain in so many areas of your skeletal system you should be seen by a rheumatologist to do some tests to find the correct diagnosis. There are different conditions that can affect the skeletal system and joints and after such an examination the correct treatment will be prescribed

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/07/11

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum