Posted by: Al | 2012-04-08

Hi the EnT does not respond, I have a history of sinus and hay fever. I am experiencing a mild case of ibus, namely blocked nose, my real problem is I keep getting a whiff of chemical smell that seems to come from my nose.... I''m now obsessed that my nose stinks, my kids say it does not can this be or s it just my heightened smell sense. How can I clean my nose to ensure there is no foul smell.....I''m very very conscious of this.

The foul smell is probably due to a bacterial sinus infection. You can consult your doctor for an extended course of oral antibiotics, in combination with a saline nasal spray. If you are suffering from chronic sinusitis, your doctor can treat it with an oral antihistamine and a cortisone nasal spray, after completion of the oral antibiotics.