Posted by: Grace | 2009-08-25

dear Doc
i had flu for 5 weeks now firstly it was like cold and now for the last 3 weeks i am blocked especially at night and it started with sore throat, then blockage and too thick mucus with blood and is a lot especially in the morning. please help doc at the clinic they gave me flue tablets and i bought andolex spray for theoat but it did not help

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Grace
Although it is difficult to say, it sounds like a possible bacterial infection of your sinus cavities. This needs urgent treatment in the form of anti-biotics and decongestants, in order to clear the sinus cavities of the infective process. I suggest you go back to your GP/clinic for re-assesment, as the current management is clearly not helpful.

Posted by: Amelia | 2009-10-03

Dear Docter

I had the flu about 4 weeks ago. During that time I developed a rather irritating lump half way down my throat. Every time I swallow I feel the bump and it' s a bit painful. My docter said I had a bacterial infection and gave me anti-biotics for my flu. He said the lump is just an infection and would go away. I don' t have the flu anymore, but the lump is still there every time I swallow. Is it serious?

Reply to Amelia