Posted by: Thalia | 2013-01-02

Ensure succesful pregnancy after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage three weeks ago and I would like to try again six months from now. My gynae gave me folic acid to use. I had problems with progesterone levels being too low. What causes progesterone levels being too low and how can I avoid this from happening again? I would also like to know how soon will my cycle start again? I''m hoping for twins this time, how can I increase my chances of conceiving twins? How can I best take care of my fertility in these six months to ensure that I conceive quickly and most importantly, make the crucial three months? Anxious for a response.

The low progesterone may have been a result of the pregnancy being non-viable. Low progesterone as such is quite rare. Regular periods start within 2-8 weeks of a miscarriage. You cannot increase your chances of having twins. While this sounds romantic, twins carry up to 8 times more risks to the pregnancy than singletons, ranging from miscarriages to poor growth and death of one of the twins. Eat healthily, avoid smoking and alcohol and you should be okay.