Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2010/11/29

Ensure

Hi Doc.

Can i mix ensure powder with full cream milk instead of water? Also, can i mix it with fruit and ice in a blender to make like a smoothie?
I''m using it as a meal supplement as i am trying to gain weight, so I have one serving after each main meal. And I am also taking a syrup called Apiton, the chemist says it helps to increase appetite.

Thank you. Leanne

Dear Leanne
You can certainly mix Ensure powder with full-cream milk or fruit and ice to make a smoothie. Adding these ingredients should make pleasant tasting drinks and also increase the energy content. Together with the Apiton you should be able to gain weight with this regimen.

1

Dear Leanne