Question
Posted by: Kim | 2011/09/14

enrista 3 in 1 coffee

Hallo Diet Doc, i am trying to lose the winter weight n have cut out (most) junks, and walking a few times a week to try n regain fitness for gym. But i am loathe to give up my 3 in 1 coffee, it tastes so good, better than any coffee I make, I drink about 5 or 6 cups a day, is this hindering my plans for weight loss.. ?

Dear Kim
I see that Enrista Coffee 3 in 1 contains non-dairy creamer and sugar. Coffee on its own does not hamper weightloss, but let's say 1 teaspoon of coffee creamer and 1 teaspoon of sugar can add about 200 kJ to each cup of coffee you drink. If you have 6 cups a day then this could add up to 1200 kJ which equals 19% of your daily energy intake when you are actually slimming. Check the energy content per cup if this is displayed on the label of the Enrista Coffee and multiply by 6 to see how many kJ you are adding to your energy intake per day. It may be prudent to change over to plain coffee with low-fat milk and no sugar when you start dieting seriously.

3
Posted by: Lucien | 2014/11/17

Is there health hazard when drink plain coffee and decaf coffee? The process of making the coffee decaf, does it pose any health threats or is this a better option than normal coffee?

Reply to Lucien
Posted by: Sid | 2011/09/23

@Kim - i think Enrista 3 in 1 has a Sugar free version as well....may make sense to try that if you want to cut the sugar intake
rgds

Reply to Sid

Dear Kim