Question
Posted by: Ida Le Grange | 2012/06/20

Enquiry - Slimming tablets

Hallo there,

I have high bloodpressure and use Fortzaar tablets as well as glucophage for insulin resistance. I read about Formeslim weightloss tablets and they send me the insert and said I must ask my doctor or pharmacist whether it will be safe to use with my medication. Can I have your e-mail address to send the package insert to you please? I am really desperate and hope that I can use these tablets

Dear Ida
I can alas not exchange e-mails with my Readers as this would prevent me from doing my work. If you have high blood pressure and suffer from insulin resistance then you should under no circumstances take other medications, including over-the-counter products, without first consulting your doctor and/or pharmacist. You can click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and 'Diet Detective', and compare the list of ingredients of Formslim tablets with the lists of slimming pill ingredients on the Website to see if they have potentially harmful effects and if they actually help with weightloss.
If you suffer from hypertension and insulin resistance and are overweight then I would urge you to consult a registered dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your diabetes, medications and other conditions such as overweight and raised blood fat levels, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on low-fat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Ask your doctor what type of exercise you are allowed to do and get more active, e.g. start going for brisk walks for about 30 min every day, BUT only if your doctor gives permission.

1

Dear Ida