Question
Posted by: Mrs Swanepoel | 2012/02/02

Enquiry

The enquiry below was sent to the SA Pharmaceutical Council. To date I have not yet received a response. Who could I refer this matter to?
:
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:09 AM
To: customercare@sapc.za.org
Subject: Enquiry

I want to know what the procedure is to follow when I am aware of a person who said that she could order prescription medicine directly from pharmaceutical wholesaler suppliers for private use without obtaining authorised doctors’  prescriptions.

·  This person has no medical qualifications and work as a bookkeeper for anaesthetics

·  Some of the other staff members in the office are apparently also making use of this facility

·  One of the partners of this doctors firm has emigrated to Canada and it appears that his account with the suppliers is still open and is being used to obtain these medicine

·  This account is settled at the end of each month

·  What could the consequences be?

·  I want to stay anonymous and need your confirmation that my name will under no circumstances be revealed

I look forward to hearing from you in this regard.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Dear Mrs Swanepoel

In this instance, it seems as if the wholesaler is not at fault as they are supplying to and existing account-holder (in their opinion).
If you know the name of the wholesaler, I'd suggest directing an inquiry directly to them, stating the name of the practice, asking them to follow up further.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/02/03

Dear Mrs Swanepoel

Reply to pharmacist