Question
Posted by: POPPIE | 2011-03-16

Enough Multivitamins

When I found out I was pregnant I was 6 weeks the GP prescribed mutlivitamins took them until 30 weeks.When I went to the Gynae he told me to stop taking multivitamins I have taken enough.I would like to know if you also think that I have had enough multivitamins?Currently 33 weeks I have a sticky discharge it does not smell but is a little brownish is this something to be concerned about my Gynae appointment is in two weeks time
Please help!

There is certainly no harm in continueing with the vitamins, but the critical time when they have the most effect is past.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-03-17

Posted by: Purple | 2011-03-16

You should phone in and ask if you must go in and see the gynae before your appointment about the discharge. It is normal to have a white discharge during pregnancy, anything else should be reported.

You are meant to take your pregnancy multi vitamin through the entire time you are pregnant and for at least 6 months afterwards or until you stop breastfeeding (if its longer than 6 months).

Did you ask your gynae why you have apparently had enough vitamins?

Reply to Purple