Question
Posted by: Hesta | 2011/03/07

Enlarges uterus

Good day,

I was diagnosed with an enlarged uterus (Adenomyosis), and I was told that I must go for a hysterectomy. Now I have a few questions.

1. Is a hysterectomy the best / only cure?
2. Is there an alternative to a having a hysterectomy?
3. This is also effecting our sex life to such an extend that I avoid having sex with my husband because it is too sore. Will a hysterectomy make intercourse less painful?

Hesta

If the diagnosis is adenomyosis, the only treatment is hysterectomy, especialy if you have symptoms. If you have pain deep inside with intercourse, this should be betterb after the hysterectomy, but your gynaecologist should carefully assess this pain.

1