Posted by: Lana | 2010/04/02

Enlarged Right kidney/ Back Pain

Hi Doc, Further info as requested. I went for scans, told that the right kidney was hypertrophied and hyperechoic compared to left.No mass lesions or obstruction seen. I was hospitalised, on antibiotics and had a scope done. Pain used to be like someone punching me in the back. Now it''s lower back pain and stabbing pains at intervals in my lower abdomen in front on right hand side. Was also told my intestines was filled with wind giving me abdonimal pain also but that has since improved. Please advise? Re post 1627.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


It is possible that the enlarged kidney is causing your problems and I strongly suggest that you consult a nephrologist (kidney specialist) for evaluation.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.