Question
Posted by: Es | 2009-03-11

Enlarged Liver and Spleen

Hi there, Quick questions please.

I went for sonar because I was having abdominal pain and the Doc wanted to see if it was my gallbladder. Results shown that my gallbladder is fine but my Liver left and right lobes are much huger than it should be (I' m not a drinker) and that my Spleen is much enlarged. So my Dr did blood tests and some elevated white blood cells were noticed and my CRP is also higher than it should be. He sent me home with antibiotics for 5 days.

My question is. WHAT NOW? Will my liver and spleen shrink back to size? Why do I still have all these pains, fatigue, and nausea and so on? Should I leave it, or go for a second opinion?

Please advice. Thanks

Es

The pain that you are experiencing are due to the enlargement of the liver and subsequent stretching of the liver and spleen capsule. I will consider the possibility of Hepatitis or obstructive pancreatitis. What are the results of your liver function test, as well as serum and amilaise test?

Consider an opinion by a gastroenterologist.

1
Posted by: Es | 2009-03-13

Hi Doc.

My Dr never did a liver function test? Nore the serum and amilaise test.

Reply to Es