Question
Posted by: Chrissie | 2010/03/01

Enlarged labia minora

Hi doc, My labia minora is enlarged, I do not know if this is because of child birth? My problem now is that as I am a cyclist, it really hurts. Will it be worth it to reshape via surgery? What is the procedure and will it be paid for by medical aid?

Hallo Chrissie
No it is not due to child birth, some women just have larger labia minora than others. It is regarded as a cosmetic operation so you will probably have to get special permission from your medical aid to have it done if you want them to pay for it. It can cause ugly scarring and chronic pain if not done correctly so make sure that you get an experienced cosmetic surgeon to do this.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/01

Hallo Chrissie

Reply to cyberdoc