Question
Posted by: Peanut | 2008/10/28

Enlarged Circumvallate Papillae?!

I think I have Enlarged Circumvallate Papillae ... it looks like it when I compare my tongue to photos on them web.

What could have caused this?
What can I do make it go away,(because it feels like there is something that I haven' t swollowed properly and it really not a good feeling).

Dear Peanut
There are lymphoid tissue in the back of the tongue - if you have a low grade infection like a low grade tonsillitis, low grade chronic sinusitis this can cause enlargement of the lymphoid tissue of the tongue. Let your doctor have a look at the back of your throat as you may need a course of antibiotics.