Question
Posted by: Antoinette Ellen | 2010/04/14

English Bulldog wees on his bedding....

Our English Bulldog - nearly 3 years old - has this really bad habit of weeing on his bedding and on one specific leather couch. We had him neuted last year and for about 4 months he seemed much more relaxed and we thought our problems were over. He is a rather nervous dog so we are very careful not to reprimand him harshly, but rather remove him from the area, clean up properly so that the smell of urine is eradicated and then try again. But, our patience is being sorely tested. We enjoy having our dogs (we also have a French bulldog bitch and she''s an angel) in the house with us, but if this persists we will have to keep him outdoors, which I can assure you he does not like at all and this in itself will traumatize him terribly. We have no idea what to do. Pls can you provide some advice? Many thx.

Dear Antoinette

It is usually very complex to find out why and best is to get a behaviourist out to your house to give you some pointers.

4
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Dear Antoinette

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: chelle | 2010/04/14

i have the same problem with my english bulldog who is now 5 he still does it-get off, scent off, the other bob martin stuff does not work! maybe on puppies, but once a bulli gets a habit it will not go away!!! good luck

Reply to chelle
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2010/04/14

Buy a product for his bedding (not sure about the leather couch might discolour it). The product is called Get Off. What u do is u clean where he peed by soaking the pee up then u spray Get Off on. Animals dont like the smell of the product. I used it for my pug who was doing the same thing and she stopped. U can buy it at spar pick n pay in the pet section.

Reply to Tinkerbell
Posted by: Carla | 2010/04/14

And when a bulldog pees, he pees and pees and pees.

Reply to Carla