Question
Posted by: Noo | 2010-09-08

engaged and suddenly irritated

I recently got engaged and we have started into buying property together and found out about things i never knew and i feel so disgusted...he told me that he had 2 credit cards and i asked him to make sure that they are paid-off before we do this and now i have just found out that he actually have other 2 credit cards that he owes even high amounts....

I''m soooo irritated because we actually found a house that we like, but because of that the bank mite decline our offer....

Damit...he is not even earning enough...and he goes and get himself into debts....aaargh

Well, it's not just the question of whether the bank might decline your offer - but that he lied to you or at least misled you about the number of credit cards he has, and about the amount he owes ; and the fact that he apparently owes quite a lot of money. If he is spending much more than he earns already, doesn't that suggest a likelihood of related problems after marriage ? You need to consult a lawyer, too, to make sure that you are not held liable in any way for either his existing debts or any others he might run up after marriage.
This is more than irritating, it needs to be really worrying, too.

1