Question
Posted by: Sceptic | 2008/10/21

ENERGYM Turbo Charger

HI,

I saw an ad on TV for the above - one of this vibrating plate jobbies. I see one of the well renown Bodybuilder from SA endorses the product.

Whats is your view on the product? Does it actually work

Hi Sceptic

I'm with you on this. I think there are some merits behind some of the more "professionally" available machines, the ones that you will find being used for rehabilitation in gyms and biokinetics practices. The premise here is that the machine can help with rehab by stimulating something we call proprioception - it's how your body controls the msucles and joints. However, the claims that are made that it will help lose weight, burn fat, improve fitness, and help with just about every other condition under the sun seem bogus to me - there's no evidence and certainly no basis for why they would work anyway. So I think in that regard, the ads are misleading. If you're looking for that kind of stimulus, you need to do it the "old" way - training and time. Those bodybuilders certainly owe their appearance to far more than a vibrating platform, it's all about time in the gym and disciplined training, and they simply accept the money to endorse products with no basis.