Question
Posted by: Karina | 2010/07/07

Energy tonics

How does energy tonics (bioplus) effect fertility.

Dear Karina

I do not think that energy tonics will have any adverse effect on fertility however if you are undergoing any type of assisted reproductive techniques, we always advise couples to avoid any medication that may possibly have some effect even if the effect is not known. We do however know that most of the energy tonics contain high doses of caffeine and certainly once some has fallen pregnant it would be advisable to avoid caffeine as far as possible.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/07/16

Dear Karina

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: P | 2010/07/08

Hi. I''m not sure but it could have something to do with the very high levels of caffeine.

Reply to P