Posted by: Dehydrated and pregnant | 2011-10-04

Energy drinks

I am 8 weeks pregnant, i had a UTI a week and half ago. My doctor also said i was dehydrated . How possible is this ? I do drink water and yet my lips are constantly dry. Can i take sports energy drinks(eg. Energade) to replace the loss in electrolytes or am i confined to just Rehydrate sachets ?

Yes, you can ISO-tonic sport drinks to replace fluid loss. You have to take in at least 2 litres of clear fluids per day.

Posted by: Kasandra | 2011-10-05

my gyneacologist said its fine.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Alice | 2011-10-05

Do you drink enough water?
Minimum of 2 liters per day - I drank about 3 lieters when I was pregnant and lots of milk (craving)
Energade has a lot of sugars and is more for energy than to replace electrolytes. Energade has more sugar than coke cola - too much sugar is not good for unborn baby.

I''t sugest you drink rehidrat for 2 days and then make sure you drink enough water.

Reply to Alice
Posted by: Sue | 2011-10-05

I dont think enegade etc would be a good idea. They have a lot of ingredients that arent even recommended for children. Best to stick to good old water - add a bit of lime juice if you dont like water plain.

Reply to Sue