Question
Posted by: LEE | 2010-11-18

ENERGY DRINK / SHAKE

Hi there, I want to start doing cardio exercises in the morning before work. What kind of energy shake or drink is available to give me energy and that will also help burn fat? Please also advise what kind of shake / drink a person can drink after training to replace a meal..? Thx

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Lee,

Unless you are doing cardio exercise at a moderate to high intensity for more than 60 to 90 minutes, you do not need additional drinks/ shakes etc. It is importnt that your meals and snacks provide your nutritional requirements. Eat breakfast within 30 minutes of your monring training and ensure subsequent meals/ snacks are not too far aprat.

Choose foods that are wholesome, unrefined and healthy (i.e. whole grain bread/ cereal/ crackers/ grains, lean protein, small amounts of good (unsaturated) fats, fruit and plenty of vegetables or salads.

These wil provide large amounts of improtant nutrients in small portions, they will also help to sustain energy levels and appetite throughout the day.

2
Posted by: LEE | 2010-11-19

Thx for the reply - I usally eat a healthy breakfast - snacks like sunflower seed &  fruit during the day and a big lunch.. I then normally go to the gym at 17H00 or 18H00... I am very hungry when I get back from gym - but I don''t want to eat a meal again, with what shake can I replace the dinner meal then?

Reply to LEE
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2010-11-18

Hi Lee,

Reply to Sports Nutrition