Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-06-29

Hi there, i love run/fast walking 3 times a week for 30minutes and 2 weight training days a week. I love the cardio high from running i just think my eating plan still lacks esp when i do running , hungry all the time. Its a problem cause cant keep my excercise program going. My BMI is normal. I take whey shake straight after gym and water during work out. What should you be eating to help your body when doing cardio? I really want to keep up the cardio 4 it also help my mood and general well being. Going on holiday so want to start next wednesday and keep it up. . . .

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Kasandra

Nice to hear from you again and glad it is going well.
Only taking water during cardio training is definitely not enough – best to get yourself a carbo drink – about 35 carbs (many on the market) or even just energade/powerade and add a serving (8g) peptides – we use PeptoPro (available in sachets and 400g). The body uses both carbs and protein while performing activity and therefore it is best to supply what is needed and also a bit more to make sure you replace what has been used. After gym you need to include some carbs in your protein drink – for the same reason as discussed above. Thus use a meal replacement shake or eat a fruit with your shake.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday!

Take care.