Question
Posted by: A J | 2008/10/20

Endrometris after hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy in April this year after four unsuccessful Laproscopic ops to remove Endrometris. I never had a cut and the ovaries were left in as there was apparently no visible problems - The problem is i am experiencing pains and painful sexual intercourse and occassional blood after / during urination, I contacted the gynae who has been treating me for the last 11yrs and told him my symtoms, he thought it might be a bowel problem and prescribed some medicine for pain, for when necessary and LP299V capsules, 1 mornings and 1 evenings. These capsules however seem to give me a very upset stomach, and made the pain worse and more often. So i stopped taking them and for the first day the tummy problems are settling. Please help. I have wondered if i should get a second opinion but seen as there is just 1 office for gynaes and all operate out of the one office it is very awkard. One of the problems is that when my husband and i have sexual intercourse it also seems to affect my husband giving him what looks like a scratch on his penis. If we use a condom it seems to help with the scratching but if he has a scratch and we use a condom it casuses what looks like a blood blister, as if the condom is " pinching"  the skin. This is affecting me and my husband and i would really appreciate assistance.

It sounds like you could have an infection whihc may be causing the pain with sex. The blood in the urine could also indicate a bladder infection. I cannot make a diagnosis from this side of the screen. You would have to go back to your doctor.