Question
Posted by: Lande | 2008/10/07

Endrometriose

Yesterday I have undergone a sonar and the docter found three sists on one overy and four on the other overy. My hushand and me would realy like to have children. Is it possible to be infirtile? How does endrometriose start what causes it?

Dear Lande

Not all cases of endometrioses will result in ovarian cyst formation. Ultrasound detection of endometrioses cysts is a very specific finding and your gynaecologist should have made mentioned of this. It is also important to establish the size of the cysts, as cysts smaller than 1cm are common occurrences in the ovary and should not necessarily be a call for concern.

Answered by:Dr Cassim