Posted by: Eddy | 2009-07-22

Hi there, I hope that all is good and well your side.

I am seriously battling to lose body fat. When I consume few carbs but higher protein I tend to lose fat quickly, but battle to increase lean muscle mass. So I increased my carb intake to about 300 - 400 a day while still keeping my calories at maintenance level, yet I cant help but put fat on. I have had my blood checked, etc and everything is normal. Is there a possibility that I should be on a moderate carb and a high protein regime? According to what I have read, it would appear that I am an endomorph. I lift weights, eat clean and do boxing, so the activity is up to par too, and so is my resting. I' m about 16%BF at 183m &  106kg' s (24years). I eat a lot of fibre, drink water, the whole thing, and many people (doctors, dieticians, etc) all suggest that I keep my carbs to like 40 - 60% total daily caloric intake. I' ve done this while maintaining a slight caloric deficit, yet I cannot lose an ounce of fat. Do the rules of an endomorph apply to me? Am I carb sensitive?

Thank you very much...

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Eddy

I can hear how frustrated you are – it drives one mad! Let’s try the following: 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat. Make sure your carbs are low GI and most of your fats are good fats. Make sure you ingest the true calorie amount you need – it is very easy to dish up more food than what one thinks – see how it goes – if no results drop the calories with 100-200 per day and wait another week to see what the results are – maybe you have to increase the calories not drop them – you will have to gauge the process.

Lastly, there is truth in somatotyping thus if you are endomorph it is better for you to reduce your carb intake slightly as is indicated above. Here is some help – get the following tablets Antagolin to help control insulin and i-slim (used when cheating) the company that makes it is MNI (medical nutrition institute) Dischem should keep it – have had great results with it.

Good luck and let me know how it goes?
Take care