Question
Posted by: Anne | 2012/05/02

Endometrium lining thickness

I had an appointment with my Fertility Specialist. During the general check-up he also checked the size of the endometrium lining and said it is very thick and that I should do a pregnancy test if my period does not start in the next 2-3 days. Could it be possible to suspect a pregnancy from looking at the endometrium lining?

Dear Anne

It is sometimes possible based on the thickness of the endometrial lining and also the consistency of the lining to predict or suspect a pregnancy. However this is a fairly crude assessment as there are many possible causes other than pregnancy for such a situation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/05/13

Dear Anne

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert