Question
Posted by: jose | 2010/11/02

endometriosis post op issues

Greetings,

A loved on of mine recently had surgery for her endometriosis condition which I think was classified as stage 3 or 4.

My question is are there any known/possible psychological effects from such a procedure, despite it having gone well. I am talking in terms of behavioural/emotional changes in the couple of weeks or so following the op.

You assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Jose,
The answer to your question would depend onmmany things. Significant among these, for instance, her age, and the type of surgery. If she was still fertile and wanting to at least remain capable of bearing a child, and the type of surgery used ended her childbearing years, that could obviously be sad and disturbing for her. If the procedure involved removing her ovaries. there's be a similar impact plus the potential for changing her hormonal balances, which in turn can disturb mood.
And then in anyone, any fairly major surgical procedure can be upsetting, tiring, and make one more emotional for a while.

1

Hey Jose,