Posted by: LP | 2009-03-23

Endometriosis GONE??

i have had endometriosis for 10 years. I recently sought a second opinion when my gynae wanted to do a hysterectomy. The new gynae has claimed to have " cured"  the endometriosis with a laproscope (the 6th in total). I still have pain and my periods are very irregular and more heavy than usual. He is putting all this pain to IBS. So he prescribes pills for IBS and now when I still haev the pain - he tells me I am too sensitive. I feel like I am going crazy. I have pain and he does not believe me? He says it is cured? Is this possible?

It is possible for endometriosis to be cured, though it tends to recur. I can't tell what the cause of your pain is from this side of the screen.

Posted by: Dee | 2009-03-24

Change doctors. You need to find a doc who will take you seriously.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Gatvol | 2009-03-23

Hi LP, you are not alone. I have been suffering with Endo for 8 years now. I had similar problems with gynaes not believing me when I tell them the pain is still there after the op. I wanted to have a hysterectomy the last time but the gynae scared me off with his advise ie too young, have to drink hormonal tablets for the rest of your life etc etc. The problem could be that doctors do not understand the full nature and extent of this disease and thus cannot answer or offer other treatment options.

From all the research material on the internet I discovered that there is NO CURE for endo at this stage. There are a lot of clinical trials happening overseas to try and find a cure but nothing to date.

It is also clear from the research that all the lapscopes or laparoscopies does is clear out majority of the cells giving you some relief until your next menstrual cycle. The fact is, having a lapscope or laparoscopy does not cure the disease. With my last lapscope I was pain free for a week. Thereafter I had the same aches and pains I had before not as severe. I am now looking into alternatives to see if I cannot find a solution as I still have HOPE for a cure.

Reply to Gatvol